YOUR IDEAL SELF
Cross Valley Health & Medicine provides non-surgical weight loss management services based out of Newburgh New York.
With availability to see you either virtually or in-person, our weight loss program was developed specifically to help you reach your weight loss goals.
Make It Your Own Weight Loss Journey
The hardest part when it comes to losing weight is getting started. Thinking about making this lifestyle change can make you anxious.
Don't worry, you will not be defined by the numbers on a scale. Our medical team will provide unique coaching support for the entire journey. We will work together to coordinate the best treatment plan that is unique to only you.
A unique one-on-one coaching approach to weight loss helps keep everyone involved accountable.
Here at Cross Valley Health & Medicine, we keep things simple. Changing your life, the easy way.
By being overseen by a family health professional, everyone involved in your life will be involved for the best possible outcome.
What Should I Expect?
Great question! In order to understand where you are on your weight loss journey, we may perform a physical exam and refer you for some additonal testing. Some other medical activities our practitioners may do are:
- The physical exam helps Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioners know where you stand medically. We may check height and weight, listen to your heart and lungs, look at your abdomen and take some vitals (like heart rate and blood pressure).
- Reviewing health history allows Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioners to understand how you got here. Through reviewing many items like weight history, physical activitiy history, eating patterns, stress levels and medication history will help us understand the complete you.
- Calculation of the body mass index (BMI) is a tool that your Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioner will use to determine the relationship between your body fat based on height and weight depending on the gender you identify as. Interested to see what your BMI could be before your visit with us? Click here to find out.
All of your medical information gathered from these exams and tests will help your Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioner design a treatment plan that is right for you.
Medication For Weight Loss
Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioners may prescribe you medication to be used in combination with diet, behavior, and lifestyle changes. Before any medication is prescribed, a complete physical exam will be conducted on you to rule out any possible complications from the medication in mind. The commonly used medications for weight loss* are Bupropion-naltrexone (Contrave), Liraglutide (Saxenda), Orlistat (Alli, Xenical), or Phentermine-topiramate (Qsymia). Weight loss medications may not work for everyone.
One single weight-loss diet does not exist. It becomes more of a combination of activities as long as it fits your lifestyle. Your Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioner may recommend the following changes:
- Cutting calories is the foundation of any weight loss program. By reducing the number of calories taken in, your weight may start to lower. Each person has different paces of how food and drink are processed, but taking notes of how much you eat and drink in a week is a start to knowing which foods and drinks to cut out. You and your practitioner will work together to calculate the ideal number of calories to take in each day to lose weight.
- Healthier dieting is another foundational principle of any weight loss program. Your favorite foods to eat, like a candy bar or spaghetti, most likely are causing you to gain some pounds. Rather than whipping up one late-night microwavable pizza, your Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioner may recommend substituting some fruits, vegetables, and whole grains into your diet. A huge diet change involves the limitation of salad and added sugar intake. We know this may sound tough, but our practitioners are trained to help you overcome your diet cravings.
- Metabolism cheating is when eating a large meal that has fewer calories when compared to your typical Italian dinner. Instead of a chicken parm hero, substituting some veggies will make you feel full and provide more energy throughout the day.
Losing weight is a hard and challenging mental game. Cross Valley Health & Medicine practitioners can make that game much easier by:
- Coaching you through any hurdles you may encounter on your weight loss journey. This is where learning how to monitor your diet and activity can help identify eating triggers.
- Educating you through the entire weight loss journey from start to finish. Any question you or even your family may have will be answered during each visit.
In order to lose weight, becoming active is a core requirement. This can be done by:
Exercising your body will not only keep you in shape but also give you more energry throughout the day. For adults, 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity physical activity is recommended to lose a modest amount of weight. The routine you will develop will be unique to you.
*Any information listed on this page is provided for medical educational purposes only, and shall not be taken as medical advice provided by Cross Valley Health & Medicine. Any medications listed on this page are also provided for medical educational purposes only, and the use of any of these mentioned medications should stem from consulting with your provider.