Virtual Visit Steps
Cross Valley Health & Medicine providers are based out of Newburgh New York. We provide telehealth visits for New York State residents only. If you are located in the Greater Hudson Valley region, you may schedule an in-person appointment. You may be seen by either Dr. Paul Saladino or Christian Plaza, FNP-C (Family Nurse Practitioner).
How Virtual Primary Care Visits Work
- For both new and existing patients, please contact our office by calling 845-561-7075 or completing the contact us form to the right to schedule a virtual primary care appointment.
- For new patients, you will need to fill out the primary care program paperwork. For existing patients, completing a new patient packet is not necessary.
- On the day of the scheduled virtual primary care appointment, our staff will call and make sure you are ready to begin the virtual primary care appointment 15-minutes prior to the scheduled time. Please make sure you are in an area with a Wi-Fi connection or a strong cellular signal with your computer, smart phone or tablet charged and nearby. We recommend that you are in a comfortable and private setting before beginning the virtual appointment.
- You will then receive a text message that contains a link from your provider. When you are ready, tap the link which will then begin to securely connect to your provider. This will start your virtual primary care visit.
- Our office will call you after the appointment is complete to check you out, schedule any follow up appointments needed, provide referrals/patient education, and answer any questions you may have.
We understand that these are very challenging times due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual Visits are perfect to help to keep you and your family safe with easy access to your providers from the comfort of your own home.
Typical Virtual Visit Ailments:
- Acid reflux or heartburn
- Cough, cold or flu
- Concern for COVID-19 symptoms
- Eye pain or irritation
- Insect bites or stings
- Migraines or headaches
- Minor burns or injuries
- Rashes and other skin conditions
- Routine follow-up visits (examples such as diabetes or high blood pressure)
- Seasonal allergies
- Sexually transmitted infection exposure
- Sinus pain or pressure
- Sore throat
- Urinary tract infections
Virtual Visits Should Not Be:
- Emergencies – If you’re experiencing a medical emergency, dial 911
- Visits that require face-to-face evaluations