Medical marijuana is an alternative form of treatment that may bring relief to patients with certain chronic conditions. The New York State qualifying conditions can be found below this section. Certifications by either Dr. Paul Saladino or Christian Plaza, FNP-C can be up to one (1) year based on your provider’s medical judgment. If your certification is going to expire, please schedule an appointment with us within 30 days of your expiration date.
You may be eligible for medical marijuana if you have been diagnosed with one or more of the following severe debilitating or life threatening conditions
- HIV infection or AIDS
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury with spasticity, epilepsy
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Huntington’s Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Chronic pain (as defined by 10 NYCRR §1004.2(a)(8)(xi)
- Pain that degrades health and functional capability as an alternative to opioid use or substance use disorder. The severe debilitating or life-threatening condition must also be accompanied by one or more of the following associated or complicating conditions: cachexia or wasting syndrome, severe or chronic pain, severe nausea, seizures, or severe or persistent muscle spasms, PTSD or opioid use disorder.
- For patients interested in applying for their first certification, or recertification, please complete our medical marijuana intake form and upload any medical records you may have of your qualifying condition(s).
- After you complete your medical marijuana program paperwork and submit it to our office, our staff will contact you at the phone number you provided us with to schedule a virtual medical marijuana consultation.
- On the day of the scheduled virtual medical marijuana consultation, our staff will call and make sure you are ready to begin the virtual medical marijuana consultation 15-minutes prior to the scheduled time. Please make sure you are in an area with a Wi-fi connection or a strong cellular signal with your computer, smart phone or tablet charged and nearby. We recommend that you are in a comfortable and private setting before beginning your virtual appointment.
- A text message will be sent by your provider that contains a link. Once the text message is received, tap on that link to be connected to your provider to being the consultation.
- Once the medical marijuana consultation is complete, our office will call you after the consultation to schedule a follow up or recertification appointment.
Fees for the Medical Marijuana Program
$75.00 for a screening appointment
$145.00 for initial certification (new patients)
$145.00 for recertifications (existing patients)
This program is not covered by insurance.