Cross Valley Health & Medicine’s Christian J. Plaza, MBA, MSN, FNP-C (Clinical & Business Director) and Kyle Russo, MBA (Practice Manager) attended a healthcare panel sponsored by Mount Saint Mary College (MSMC) School of Business on Wednesday, November 3 at 6:00 p.m. The healthcare panel was held both in-person and virtually through Zoom.
The healthcare panel was moderated by Associate Professor of Healthcare Management Dr. Cathy Rehfus-Wilsek. The premises of the healthcare panel involved three clinical gaps identified through the publication of Healthy People 2030, which is a compressive federal-level report that sets goals to improve health over the next decade.
The three topics of discussion included:
- Increase interprofessional prevention education in health professions training programs
- Reduce the proportion of people who can’t get medical care when they need it
- Increase the number of community organizations that provide prevention services
Each topic was asked generally to the panelists to answer as a group. A reoccurring topic that came from the healthcare panel was if telemedicine was here to stay. “Telemedicine is definitely here to stay, it opened up a whole new level of access to care for those who could not have done so before,” Mr. Plaza said.
There were six panelists present and they each had a different background in healthcare. The panelists included:
- Dan Maughan, President and Chief Operating Officer at Montefiore St Luke’s Cornwall
- Dr. Christine Bertẽ, Dean School of Nursing Mount Saint Mary College
- Christian Plaza, Clinical & Business Director at Cross Valley Health & Medicine
- Kyle Russo, Practice Manager at Cross Valley Health & Medicine
- Steven Kelley, President & Chief Executive Officer of Ellenville Regional Hospital
- Colonel Alicia Madore, Deputy Commander of Nursing & Health Services at Keller Army Community Hospital
“It was a wonderful experience being able to talk about these healthcare gaps to the students enrolled in the Mount’s Healthcare Management program,” said Mr. Russo.
Cross Valley Health & Medicine is a primary care practice located in Newburgh NY, allowing for both virtual and in-person appointments. The practice has two medical providers on staff, Doctor Paul Saladino who is dual board-certified in Addiction Medicine and Internal Medicine, and a Christian Plaza who is a family nurse practitioner. Both practitioners are eager to see new patients for the following programs: Addiction Medicine, Behavioral Health Management, HIV/AIDS Care Management, Internal Medicine, Medical Marijuana Certifications, Medication-Assisted Treatment, STD/STI Care Management, and Weight Loss Management. If you are interested in becoming a patient of Cross Valley, please click here to access our online paperwork portal. Visit us online at www.crossvalleyhealth.com or give our office a call at 845-561-7075.